Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Endgame Lifestyle: Farmville Style

So I've been 90 for about three week now. The life of an endgame player besides heroics and raiding basically just includes dailies. I've been working on professions for my Monk and some pet battling since I'm a secret Pokemon-holic, but I find that in general, a good portion of my time goes towards dailies.
A few days ago, I finished The Order of the Cloud Serpent. In general, gaining Exalted was extremely easy. I only had to farm a few eggs as well, and that was all luck and casual glancing. I was rewarded with three gorgeous Cloud Serpents.
From eggy.
To hatchling.
To Mount! Huzzah!
I named her Sherbert. Reminds me of delicious sherbert.
I did like the way this mount grind was handled. It was fun watching my Serpent grow up, finding food for it, picking up its poop and playing catch with it. Not a bad set up. The race was kind of weird because I wasn't quite sure what direction the course was. The balloons can be difficult to spot, and they vary in height differences. The cloud rings are another clue, but they're are so many and also in varying height that it can be difficult to figure out. I won 2nd place on my first try though, so must not be too hard.
One down. Six more to go.
I've been very vigilant in doing my Order of the Cloud Serpent, Golden Lotus, Tillers and Anglers dailies everyday. So when I finished Order, I thought that I could pursue Klaxxi. But then I reached revered with Golden Lotus...and Shado-Pan AND August Celestials opened up.
Dailies are basically consuming my WoW time and I'm starting to despise it. They aren't particularly hard to do and their varied enough from day to day, but each hub has between 4-8 dailies and it gets annoying at times. If I have limited amount of time online, like Wednesday when I'm at school most of the day, I feel pressure to log on and do dailies. It's not particularly enjoyable.
It still bothers me that both Rep and Valor Points are needed for the gear. I remember Blizz wanting people to be able to earn gear the way they wanted to. That's why we're getting Valor doing dailies. However, requiring rep forces people to do dailies, so I don't see how this ideal is achieved. But then again, this was back in Blizzcon 2011. Long time ago.
Farmer B*tch
I reached Tillers tonight, which I was particularly excited about. I can't believe I'm saying this, but my absolute favorite side thing to do is my farm. Well...Yoon's farm. He sucks at farming because he's a city boy (who knew pandas could be city boys), so I have to do everything. Thus, it's mine in my mind. I plant everything, fight off the wild vines, hoplings and birds. I pick the weeds off, pull up the runty plants, water and apply pesticide. Then I harvest them and do the entire thing over again.
On paper it just seems so monotonous and silly. But I love it. I get some sort of calm tending to my farm for a few minutes. I like seeing the crops I yield, what I can cook with them etc. It's silly. It's crazy. It's awesome.   
So I after reaching Exalted, I went and purchased my fancy Riding Goat. I have mixed feelings about the mount. He seems... Small. Ish. I guess I expected him to be larger than a ram, which his model is made after, but he's still kinda neat. I don't regret not purchasing all three.
I also fully cleared out the junk on my farm, so I have 16 plots to grow yield crops on every day. Which is gonna help out alot, because the amount of crops I need to level and make Banquets for raiding is ridiculous.
Being accepted into the Tillers.
16 Plots to waste time on. 

Not as cool as my Terrible Turnip. It'll do.
The Farmer Hayate Squad

No comments:

Post a Comment