Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Do I miss World of Warcraft? Part 2/Rift's First Real Fail

Today, in that other world (of Warcraft), the long awaited Patch 4.1 dropped.
Hm...for some reason's my friend's facebook status made it seem like the patch dropped today, when it didn't. Maybe he meant another game. I'll never know <.<. 
 
And I'm getting this weird empty feeling about it. Like I actually wish I could get on my druid...Damnit.
Now you change it.
Blizzard sucks. They finally make the changes to my beloved class that I have been hoping for. I don't really care for the new instances (cough recycled cough), and I know that if I did renew my account, it would be an incredible waste of money. My old guild is dead, I don't want to go through the daunting task of finding a new guild. I don't want to be tied down to a certain amount of hours, certain nights, because I have to raid. And I certainly don't want to start running dungeons just so I can see how awesome the new Efflorescence is, or spend gold so I can see the spec I've been wanting, but don't really get to use.
But still...
I get this sadness. Because Druid was always my favorite, beloved class. I loved healing on that class. That's the hardest transition for me in Rift; trying to find a niche as a healer. I really like Chloromancer, and ironically, Chloromancer is the "healing with nature" spec. I even have Wild Growth. But it's definitely a far cry from druid healing. 
Now wait. Before I think, damn I shouldn't have left...
There are some things I am glad I don't have to deal with. Like the new Call to Arms LFD system. I can just imagine the first, unfairness, and second, the problems it will begin to cause. Dealing with bad tanks who probably just q'd for a chance at free loot bag. I don't think this will solve the problems of people being basic assholes in pug LFD. (Yes, I know Healers can get the Call to Arms thing too) And it doesn't make the dungeons themselves more interesting. The LFD system basically is just something that, has the right intentions, but basically ruined a large portion of WoW. It ruined the social aspect of the game, and caused people to become desensitized within their groups. Now not all Pugs are like this. There are still good people out there. But the majority of my pug LFD experience has been full of jackasses. Like someone tell me I'm a f*ck'n moron for forgetting Crusader Aura after one pull (cause you know, people never make that mistake...ever). Or having the finger pointed at me, when the tank gets pull happy and grabs way too many mobs, then lets them aggro onto me because I have high healing threat since they're taking damage. Then there's the people just rolling on stuff they shouldn't. No wonder I hate dungeons.
Unfortunately, the LFD system is something Blizzard can't take back. And I applaud them trying to fix a serious problem in their game. But really, I think maybe those long dungeon Q's should be a wake up call to people, not something that Blizzard feels can be remedy by awarding possibly horrible tanks.
But it's not my problem. My problems are with Rift now
 I hop onto facebook, which has become a source of keeping in touch with a lot of people since I left WoW.
"So how was phase 2 of the World Event?"
Well, gee, that's a good question. I basically don't know because I couldn't get on at the proposed time. I do work all weekends, and have been for over 4 years. And it was an incredibly depressing thing. I have recently immersed myself into this world and now I can't even partake in some of it's biggest selling points. At least I got to do Phase 1. And I wasn't the only one who was unable to participate, as seen by the massive amounts of problems, others had. I can at least be consoled by that. 
And this Blizzard, is how you respond to your community.
My biggest love of Rift is Trion. They are a great company, who cares much, responds swiftly, and seems to understand their users quite well. With the debacle of the World Event, they have responded in a way that I can truly be grateful for.
To wrap-up their event, they are giving everyone, including those who did not participate, a goody bag with chances at the items that dropped during the World Event. Other achievements, and the weapon quests will remain as well.
They give everyone a fair chance. They respond swiftly and understand what their players are complaining about.
Yes, I wish I could've done the event as well, but since I can't, and they won't be rereleasing it, I'll take my goody bag. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment