Monday, April 18, 2011

Do I miss World of Warcraft?

April 15 came and went without me blinking. That day was a Friday; I was at my college house when the clock struck 12, leveling Leda, my Rift main, as much as possible to keep up with my guildies who will (and surely did) surge ahead of me 5 levels while I am at work. I watched Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0 twice again because I'm (still) working on their reviews for my blog. I ate a salad from Wendy's. I went to bed when I heard my roommate wake up at 4am and decided I should go to bed when she runs off to work. I woke up at 11. I watched a House marathon and waited for my BF to pick me up. We spent time playing Rift together since he started the weekend trial. We went out and bought Goldenspoon Froyo. It was tasty.
I went to bed at 11:30.

Then on Saturday, I don't even remember when, I thought of Naee. I had tried talking to him after he was raiding one night about my impending leave, but I missed him by no more than 5 minutes. I had sent him an in game mail stating that I would of course hop back on to talk to him over the next week before my subscription ran out.
And when did my subscription run out?

April 15th.

Somehow, the true end of my past 3 years of gaming flew by me without even a thought. Is this a good sign?

I was interviewing my friends about their experiences in WoW. Some were guildies, some were past guildies. All were friends. And it was like a flood of memories hitting me in the face. I met so many people through the games and I am shocked at how many I still keep in touch with. I am extremely thankful that I can play Rift with people I know, but somehow, I began to miss that diverse guild I used to be in.

I was looking at screenshots of my toons, my priest, shaman, pally. And I felt this ache of being level cap'd and having tons of alts. I am behind on leveling on Rift because I find times where I grow tired of pressing the same buttons to level. I love diversity. So not being able to just mindlessly hop from toon to toon is something I miss.
I also dread hitting level cap because I don't want to start raiding again. I don't want that anymore, but then I think, when I'm 50, what now?

Do I miss World of Warcraft?
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment